Today is the first day of the second half of my #366Days blogging journey. I’m officially on the downhill side of the challenge. I’ve been reflecting on the journey and have a few thoughts to share.
- Writing every day is addictive. Some days I write my post early and then feel cheated when I don’t get to use the post to reflect on something I learned that day.
- Writing is hard every day, but some days it’s pretty near impossible. The night I stood in the hallway at Redmond and wrote a post that said “I said I would post so here you go” comes to mind. What I didn’t tell then was that we’d just survived a horrific experience. It was 11:45 pm and that’s all I had to give.
- Committing to writing every day has been good for me. It’s built confidence, consistency and courage.
- Sometimes I use my blog posts as an excuse to not work on my other writing projects. I sometimes wonder if I didn’t put the pro in procrastination. And, after all, I am writing…
- I still wonder if anyone’s out there. I don’t write for the Facebook likes, the shares, or even comments online or in person, but it helps when I get them. I feel less like I’m talking to myself.
When I first started this journey, I wondered what I’d find to talk about every day. Now I’m starting to wonder how I will ever have enough time to even scratch the surface.